Sunday, December 28, 2008

There is nothing like Christmas morning!!!

Mariah has been asking for a desk for the longest time and we are so glad Santa brought one for her. I don't think we would have lasted another year listening to her begging. She is a delight and love her enthusiasm!

Samantha got the annoying toy of the year. The baby that cries and makes all kinds of cooing sounds! It is actually not that bad because Samantha manages to keep her pretty happy, although we do get shushed a lot in order to keep the baby asleep. She is a good little mommy!
Gabriella loved to play with pretty much everything else except her own gifts. Here she is proudly wearing Daddy's new snow boots. Daddy said she had better not play with anything other than her new kitchen because we happen to know it took Santa almost 4 hours to assemble! Luckily once the obstacle course full of boxes, packaging, wrapping paper and toys were removed from the room she was able to spend plenty of time cooking at her new kitchen. I am sure Santa was happy about that!
Tough boy Joshua was very surprised by his new 4 wheeler. I am a little nervous because he had recently looked at pictures on our friends blog of the husband doing all kinds of crazy stunts on his ATV. I hope Joshua isn't too sad when his barely reaches 4-5 miles an hour. I just have to make sure there are no hills around that he can turn into jumps. (thanks a lot Dale!) I am ready for that yet! After all the gifts were open, Joshua kept asking me if I was sure there were not any other gifts hiding somewhere. He wanted me to make sure I got all the packages out of the closet. I think he needs a reality check and to get a little less greedy. But, if there is any time in life that you can get away with being a little greedy it would be a 4 year old at Christmas! We will keep working on him...
We hope you all had a wonderful, magical Christmas! The New Year is right around the corner and we can't wait to see what it brings!

And, just think, only 362 more days until it is Christmas again:)

6 comments:

Katie and the boys said...

Don't you just love how magical Christmas is to a kid? I love how excited they get and how happy they are. It looks like your family had a wonderful Christmas.

MindyMindy said...

Way cool!
Did you print out your Christmas tags for each present? lol. My vision may be going.
Maybe Josh and Collin can have a race! We have some kind of motorized truck thing that he rides in. We'll get em together.
I'm a slacker on pictures.
Thanks for the push! :)

West said...

You guys are the cutest family ever! I love all the cute picts and stories. I am sad it is all over..I love christmas too! looks like you guys had a great time.

Aimee said...

Sorry if we messed up Joshua's version of reality with his new ATV!

Michelle Denson said...

Glad you had a great Christmas! I miss having little kiddies running around for the "magic." Ours are big and this was our "off" year with the married kids for Christmas Eve. Sam and Maddi said it "sucked..." Bob and I agree! We love you guys and would love to see you again on your next trip out here. Happy holidays!

MindyMindy said...

The only thing that would be better than Christmas morning right now...would be....AN UPDATED BLOG! Hurry, the clock is ticking. Christmas has almost come around again. lol. You LOVE my sarcasm.