Saturday, December 20, 2008

Graham crackers, candy, and frosting...

Kris and I had plans to go out on a date tonight, but we got so much snow today it made leaving the house nearly impossible and very undesirable. So, what was supposed to be a night out turned into a night in. The kids have been waiting very patiently for a chance to make gingerbread houses and tonight proved to be a great opportunity.

Joshua was in a bit of a hurry for his to dry so he hooked up his trusty little fan to speed things along. It was actually great idea. For such a rough and tumble little boy he was very careful and precise with his building skills.
Mariah wished we could have made bigger ones, but maybe next year...
Samantha's little house was a bit stubborn and didn't really want to stay upright, but in the end she made a darling little cottage.
I don't know what to say about Gabriella during the whole process. First, she pulled the empty egg carton off the counter that still had the shells and yolks from the eggs I was using to make the frosting and dumped the yolks all down her shirt--yuck! Second, she climbed on the table and tried to dance on every one's house. I finally resorted to putting her in her high chair, and giving candy as she grunted and pointed to the one she wanted. She knows how to enjoy a party. Seriously, I think I am the worst mom ever. And yes, she did eventually throw up a bunch of the candy she ate:) Fun times...

2 comments:

MindyMindy said...

What a fun night! I'm sure your kids will remember it forever!
What is WITH all this snow? lol
I am however glad it was yesterday and not today. BUT I think I heard another storm is coming. FUN FOR US!

Momma Ballou said...

HOw fun. We did the big houses and they're sickening! I tagged you by the way.