Saturday, November 22, 2008

Late night at the movies


First of all, loved the movie. I don't care what anyone else says! I went to the movie with low expectations because I did not want to be disappointed. All I can say is I can't wait for the next one!!! I went with a bunch of friends to the 12:01 am showing of the movie. Kris was on over night call and so my kids slept at Veronica's house and then I was planning to just come home from the movie and sleepover as well. Of course, the baby had a different plan. When Veronica and I got home I went to get in bed, but Gabriella was in my spot and she was wide awake. After an hour and a half of trying to get her to stop honking my nose and pulling Mariah's hair I decided I had better take the kids home so they could get some sleep. This would not have been a big deal, but by now it was 4am and it had been snowing all night. I went out and scraped the car and started hauling kids outside. I drove about 20mph all the way home because the roads were really icy. By 4:45 am all the kids were in their beds sleeping soundly. When my alarm went off at 7:00 I was very seriously considering letting the kids skip school. However, I was not sure how to explain the the office that the reason they missed school was because Mom was out partying until 4 am and was too tired to get them ready for school. I think people get arrested for that.

So, would I do it all again just so I could be among the first to see Twilight???

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!

9 comments:

Momma Ballou said...

I can just picture sweet little bree pulling Mariahs hair. It's never fun trying to reason with a toddler. I'm taling Conner and some friends to see the movie this saturday for his birthday.

Michelle Denson said...

Mal, Sam, & Maddi went to the midnight show. I pooped out but we went to see it last night. LOVED IT!!!!! I want to see it again to take in more. The girls all said it was better the second time. So...there's your excuse to see it again!! Love you!

Sunny said...

I am laughing because I did the EXACT same thing. I went with about 15 girls from my neighborhood to see the movie at midnight. We had a blast and I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't think I was going to like Edward, but I totally thought he was HOT. :) It's fun!

Sunny said...

I'm not sure what the problem is. I tested Missy's blog and I can leave a comment. I'll talk to her about it. Maybe she blocked just you. :) j/k

Melissa said...

Hey sorry, I don't know why you can't leave a comment on my blog. I will check it out...that is so odd!

Carolyn said...

What a fun night, who needs sleep anyway!? I was too chicken to go at midnight but I did go see it Saturday morning with Grace and a bunch of girlfriends. I enjoyed the movie and plan on inflicting it on Bob when it comes out on video!

Katie and the boys said...

I love when you update your blog. It is so fun to see the goings on around there. I am so envious that you've seen twilight and I haven't. I can't wait. The wigs are adorable and look strangely natural on those two. I am proud of you for painting your room however I would love to see an after picture! So fun. good luck with thanksgiving tomorrow. I know from experience it will be the BEST thanksgiving they have ever had! We we were there! Love you lots.

MindyMindy said...

BY the way...did you steal my Twilight picture?? huh? huh?
lol

MindyMindy said...

I am dying laughing!! You are AWESOME!
I am totally gonna start using that saying!!
Should I ask for permission first? lol