Saturday, November 22, 2008

My project

Since Kris had a few days off of work I took the time to start a few projects that have been bugging me for over a year since we moved here. We didn't realize when we moved in our house that our bedroom was pink. It has been driving me crazy so I decided to paint. Kris hates painting and I do not enjoy it myself. But, it had to be done! This is a bad before picture.

I love red paint on the walls, but it takes so much paint to cover! So this is the red wall and the rest are Taupe. I love it! But, I am not looking forward to doing the bathroom. I knew I would feel that way so before I started painting the bedroom I started tearing down the wallpaper in the bathroom. That way I would have to finish it, right? It has been a week and it is still not done. I need someone to come visit so that I feel pressure to get it done. Any takers?

Gabriella was sitting on the bed with me and she really wanted my purse. She managed to climb from the bed to the top of the dresser and get my bag. Little monkey! She is the first child of mine that has climbed out of her crib--stinker!!! Nothing is safe in my house. It is a good thing she is so cute...

4 comments:

Casey * Haley * Avery * Owen said...

Love the red paint. We did our Kitchen red and I was amazed at how much primer and paint it takes to make a wall look red! Looks great!

Momma Ballou said...

We need a full room picture. BTW what purse is she playing with? I use that fabric but it looks like a dif style

MindyMindy said...

Wow, what a change! I love it.
The silver and the white candles really pop out now.
GOOD CHOICE!! And I love your lamp. ALL OF IT!

Lewis Family said...

Wow girl! You have been busy! Love the red paint and the darling little monkey sitting on the dresser! So cute!