Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Back to School, Back to Reality

It was so much fun to get the kids ready for school this year. They were all so excited and ready to jump back into a new year. Mariah missed her friends, Samantha missed her teacher, and Joshua is just ready to be a big kid. I cry every time on the first day of school and I hope I never get to the point where I don't feel like crying. I love being home with my kids, to go places with them, and watch them play together. I am so grateful I am able to stay home and be their mom. They make my job very rewarding and I can't think of a better career I could possibly have!
What you can't see in this picture is that Gabriella was fighting to get her way out the door to line up by the school kids. Not yet little Bree, I get you all to myself this year!
Sweet Samantha will be in 2nd grade this year. Don't you just want to sit by her and be her friend?

Oh, big boy Joshua gets to go to Pre-k this year. He goes everyday for about 2 hours. The fun thing is that it is at the Elementary school where the girls go so he really thinks he is big!

I didn't take a picture of Mariah outside her classroom. That would be just way too embarrassing. Gabriella was so sad to see all her playmates go away. She was so excited to Joshua at the end of his first day. She ran up to him and hugged him (she never does that). At the end of the day when the girls got off the bus she screamed when she saw them. I am so glad that our kids love each other.

We had such a fun summer visiting our family in Utah, but it is time to get back to reality. Homework, practices, cooking dinner...

Thanks again to all our family for putting up with us for so long. Thanks also to Grandma and Grandpa for the adorable new school clothes!

5 comments:

Momma Ballou said...

OH MY HECK! As James always says, you guys are the "beautiful" people. They all look like they came right out of a catalog. I'm glad you all had such a great first day. I too love getting back to the routine. BUt I have never cried. In fact I usually shout for Hooray! ( but not in front of the kids, that would just be rude!):) It looks like you had such a good time with your sisters. I'll have to email you some of the pictures of Porter and Josh. Miss you all.

Mike'n'Amy said...

I made those same cupcakes this year, but ours weren't nearly as cute! Yeah for Family Fun magazine!

Casey * Haley * Avery * Owen said...

O.K. your kids are gorgeous Jaime and Chris. Wow.. we will have to hook Joshua and Avery up in the future. Glad that your kids got off to school. Those cupcakes are Martha quality... very cute! We sure do enjoy reading your blog. Take Care

Katie and the boys said...

Cute cupcakes! I'm just one year behind you on your back to school treats...so thanks for the idea for next year!

Molly Koch said...

holy cow your kids are such grown ups! i can't believe it. they are all so dang cute. can't believe you have 3 in "school" glad all is well. how is residency life going? so troy and i have always wondered how the camry treated you? i hope it hung in there for a long time for you :) we sure had some great memories in it! we miss you. molls