Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"This is too much fun for Joshua!"

Those were Joshua's words as he played in "magic goo" yesterday. I guess in his little mind if something can be that fun and messy he probably shouldn't be doing it! Joshua has been really stir crazy the past few days (winter will never end) and I found this recipe for magic goo on familyfun.com. It is really cool. When you press it into a ball it goes hard, but when you release pressure it turns into a liquid. It was messy, but wiped up easily! Here is the recipe:

1 cup corn starch
3/4 cup warm water
Add water a little at a time and stir as you go. Add more water if it is too hard and more cornstarch if you can't make it press into a ball. It takes a little mushing to figure out what it feels like.

Have fun, but in Joshy's words--not too much fun!

Ever since we went to Utah Joshua has been asking me to make him some capes. Aunt Katie's kids had one and he loved it. Well, we finally got around to it and he has hardly taken it off since. You can't tell in the piture, but he has about 8 things tucked into his belt. They are his weapons. There are pencils, kabob sticks, a pez dispenser, and a I think the pen his Grandpa made him. I don't know what kind of villian will be scared away by this collection of weapons, but you can tell he is very serious about his toughness by the look on his face. I love this kid!
This season is our first attempt at soccer. Joshua has been begging to play for awhile now. He was excited about it the first day until he realized that some of the other teams had blue uniforms. Now he is grumpy about going because he thinks his uniform is ugly. Should I be concerned about his fashion desires? It's pathetic to hear him whine in front of all the other players that his shirt is not cool. He is trying to learn the rules of soccer, but tells me it is much easier to stop the ball with his hands than with his feet. I understand Josh, it makes more sense to me too:)

1 comment:

West said...

he is so funny! I was laughing out loud reading this and Tayton just said "mommy silly" so cute!