Wednesday, September 7, 2011

And then there was one...

Much to my disappointment, school started again. I don't know why it always surprises me, but it does. All the kids had a great first day. It definitely feels like fall around here. We went from a/c in the car to the heater in one day! All the leaves will be coming down before we know it. I will enjoy them as much as I can this year because next year we will not experience fall at all! I am pretty sure Phoenix has one season.

Joshua was a little disappointed that I was not driving him to school on the first day. Because of Gabriella's preschool schedule I had them ride the bus and then I saw them get off the bus at school. I told Joshua I would see him there. I didn't think he would remember or care once he got on the bus. But, as he came around the corner-- as soon as he spotted me and Olivia he began bouncing in his seat and pointing us out to his friends. Then, while he waited for the bus to unload--which took a long time--he sat at the window looking at us. It was the cutest thing and made the tears that I had been holding back pour down. I am so happy that I do not have to pry my kids off of me in order to leave them at school, but I am also very happy that this little boy was excited to see his Mom!




Gabriella is off to preschool. She thinks she is so big because her school is in the big kids school. Even though she doesn't get to ride the bus, she loves being at the same school. Don't you just love how big the backpacks look on these little kids!

Sweet Samantha is a 5th grader! She has grown so much over the summer. All her friends told her she was way tan--I agree and I don't think it is fair that she has such gorgeous dark skin.

Joshua is a second grader and really was not looking forward to school starting. He loves to see his friends, but really thinks that school cuts into his life too much.

Mariah is off to middle school again--I don't know what else to say about that. If she just didn't have to be so pretty....


Olivia was really feeling the unfairness of the day and tried to follow all the kids into school. She was really glad to see the bus come home!
So, it is just me and Olivia...at least until February.

Not my best effort, but here are the kids back to school treats!
They are apples and pencils--just in case you couldn't tell;)

3 comments:

Casey * Haley * Avery * Owen said...

Jaime, your kids are so cute and are growing up so fast. I am so excited for you guys and your move back west next year. I am so happy for you that you will get to be in AZ for fellowship. Your family is so sweet and we hope all is going well. By the the way... we polished off all that yummy BBQ stuff you gave us... so good! Thanks again!

Estelle said...

Awww, I love the photo of Joshua waving from the bus! Your girls are soooo big! My kids are the same, they go off to school happily, but they don't even look back to wave at their mommy, either. *sniff* And Noah shares the same sentiments with Joshua, too - having to go to school all day is cutting into his playing and his video game time (although we rarely allow video games during the week anymore).

Aimee said...

I'm going to nominate your family as The Most Adorable Family on Earth! Good luck with all the adventures ahead. Sleep while you can!