Saturday, August 1, 2009

A day at Green Lakes

It has been so chilly the past few weeks that we have not had many chances to go to any of the beautiful lakes there are in this area. We finally made it to the lake this week. We had never been to Green Lakes before so we gave it a try. It was gorgeous although you might not see that from these next pictures. I know I have 4 kids and I tried to get pictures of all of them, but they were too far in the water playing for me to get any good ones of them.
Gabriella and Jane found this little puddle right before the waters edge. It was very warm since it had been sitting stagnant in the sun for who knows how long, so they preferred to play here. What started out a sweet mud playing, quickly became really gross.
I am pretty sure Bree is drinking the nasty stagnant water...
Yep, she sure did get a mouthful of something. I don't think Jane actually ate the sand or water but she is grossed out for Gabriella. They were really muddy and dirty after their puddle fun.

3 comments:

MindyMindy said...

I didnt know you hadnt been to this beach before.
We like it!! The kids had a blast! So glad we could all get together.

Momma Ballou said...

I'm soooooooooooo glad you're coming soon. Maybe Joshy and Porter will bond before you have to leave. Can't wait.

Lewis Family said...

That is sooo great. Every kid needs to take a dip in a good mud puddle!